10 Things To Do While Waiting For The Rain To Pass
November 11, 2015
There’s no doubt that South Florida is a great place to vacation, but when you live in tropical weather all year around you’re faced with lots of rain.
They say July is the wettest of all the months, but we have days when it feels like the rain just won’t go away.
Since moving to South Florida almost two years ago, I’ve been challenged with having to run from the store to the car while in the pouring rain several times. And most times I’ve had an infant in my arms.
The weather can be a bit unpredictable, and oftentimes we plan ahead, but rain will come and go.
So, what is there to during those 10-15 minute rainstorms here in South Florida? Here’s a list of 10 things you can try:
1. Catch up on social media gossip. There’s always someone posting about something that might catch your interest.
2. Read the latest post from a friend’s blog. This is one of my favorite things to do since there are times I forget to keep up with fellow bloggers. So sorry!
3. Call a family member or a friend. Although texting has practically replaced picking up a phone and dialing in, there’s nothing more rewarding than hearing someone on the other end. It can really brighten up your day 😉
4. Plan ahead. Now that you have time to just think, it’s probably one of the best things to do. Brainstorm what you’d like to do as soon as the clouds clear up.
5. Answer that email/text you’ve been putting off. Whether it’s intentionally or not, sometimes we’ll read someone’s message and plan to respond at a later time. More so if you’ve been driving, doing errands all morning, etc.
6. Look up recipes for the week. If you’re headed to the store to pick up some groceries and caught in the rain, then I suggest thinking about meals for the week. This way you not only shop for what you need at the moment but can minimize trips to the store throughout the week.
7. Check your voicemails. I never really do this until I see a number I don’t know, but it’s good manners to check your voicemails every so often. Even if all you do is delete them. At least you’re making room for important ones.
8. Hydrate. If you carry water with you whenever you go out, then it might do your body some good to just sit back and sip away.
9. Discuss the colors you see with your little one. If you’re traveling with your child, then it might be a good idea to keep them entertained too. Try chatting them up about the different colors and things you see.
10. Embrace the scenery. Sometimes we forget how beautiful nature can be or even the silly things people do when they think no one is watching them. Take this time in your car to just take it all in.
How do you keep yourself busy while the clouds pass?
Former B2B editor and marketing manager turned Family & Lifestyle blogger. Fatima is passionate about life and being social.
When she isn't running around with her husband, three kids, and two pups, Fatima helps other bloggers and local businesses with their online marketing strategy.
If you have any questions or would like to connect, feel free to reach out via email: email@example.com