Drop The Coffee! 5 Alternatives For Your Caffeine Addiction
The coffee addiction among parents is very real.
People are often surprised to hear I do not drink coffee in the mornings. And they often follow up with, “so what do you do to wake yourself up?”
Well, for me, I rather just seize the day! No caffeine necessary for this mama. Honestly, I drank coffee as a kid because I loved to hang with the grown ups and imitate them. Now, at a point in my life when most would assume I need this hot beverage, I could do without it.
For some, coffee is a must but not everyone. I will admit that I think it is awesome how many flavors there are, but other than that, coffee just does not catch my attention. Hot chocolate does. YUM!
But this post is about coffee alternatives for those that feel they cannot live without it but are looking to cut down. And here are 5, one of which has become my favorite beverage.
1. Lemon water. It may sound odd that cup of lemon water could actually take the place of your coffee, but it is true. As a natural fat burner, lemon water helps strengthen your immune system and improves the look and feel of your skin. Water alone can do the same, but adding some flavor to your H20 is never a bad idea 😉
2. Peppermint tea. A little minty flavor in the morning is also a great alternative to coffee. Not only is it caffeine-free, but it is considered to be a muscle relaxant. You can read additional benefits to drinking peppermint tea on the Sleuth Journal .
3. Fruit smoothie. My little guy and I often make fruit smoothies for afternoon snacks, but they are great energy boosters for long mornings (or days!) The natural sugars from the fruits give it a sweet taste and you really cannot go wrong with anything fruit 😉
4. Sparkling water. For some people, a mimosa is the only alternative to coffee for them while having breakfast. But if they tried any of the ONLI beverages, they would think twice next time.
I recently had the chance to try two of their flavored drinks and both were delicious and the best part is that they are actually healthy — all-natural flavors, no sugar, non-GMO, gluten-free and Kosher.
5. Green tea. With high levels of antioxidants and the ability to minimize your risk of heart disease, more parents are making green tea their preferred hot beverage. Not only is green tea a natural fat burner, it also helps increase your productivity levels. You can read more about the benefits of green tea over here.
Former B2B editor and marketing manager turned Family & Lifestyle blogger. Fatima is passionate about life and being social.
When she isn't running around with her husband, three kids, and two pups, Fatima helps other bloggers and local businesses with their online marketing strategy.
If you have any questions or would like to connect, feel free to reach out via email: firstname.lastname@example.org