Gerber Cereal: Introducing Your Baby To Solids
Baby cereal is one of the first solid foods we introduced to our little ones when they were able to sit up without our support. I’ve heard of moms who mix in cereal in their child’s milk to help fill their tummies before bed. They say it helps with letting them sleep through the night.
Regardless of how you introduce cereal to your little one, there’s the notion that you’re providing the right nutrients for them. That’s why most parents trust Gerber Cereals. Designed to provide your baby with the essential nutrients while exposing them to the tastes of different grains, Gerber Cereals is the number one choice for moms looking to get their child accustomed to eating healthy.
Breastfed babies need an additional source of iron in their diets. Did you know that infant cereals are the number one source of iron for babies 6-12 months among the foods they eat?
Not all infant cereals are created equal, so be sure make sure you’re giving your little one cereal fortified with iron, such as Gerber Cereal.
Here are some of the flavors available at your local Target store:
– Gerber Single Grain Cereal Oatmeal
– Gerber Single Grain Cereal Rice
– Gerber Single Grain Cereal Whole Wheat
– Gerber Multi Grain Cereal
Although our youngest enjoys trying out all the different flavors, I recommend starting with the single grain cereals first and working your way to the multi grain ones. This can help with any potential food sensitivities.
Hitting The 12-Month Mark
It seems as though just yesterday we were coming home with our firstborn, and now we have a second child who is hitting the 12-month mark this month.
At this point, we’ve already introduced our little one to solids, and know what nutrients he needs as he approaches toddlerhood.
A warm plate of Gerber Cereals can do your child’s tummy some good in the morning. We’ve been using warm oatmeal cereals since our little ones were sitting up.
With our youngest turning one, we’ve been looking into different Gerber snacks for our little one to try. In case you weren’t aware, Gerber also has a toddler line of products that contain a variety of nutrients.
Here are six recipes you can try with your growing baby based on age:
1. Apple Banana Cookies: 12 months +
2. Blueberry Banana Smoothie: 6 months +
3. Italian Turkey Meatballs: 12 months +
4. Mini Meatloaves and Veggie Gravy: 12 months +
5. Mixed Berry Smoothie: 6 months +
6. Peaches and Cream Pancakes: 12 months +
Benefits Of Gerber Cereals
For decades, Gerber Cereals have been considered to be the number one food source of iron and a leader in infant nutrition. They provide your baby essential nutrition while exposing them to the tastes of different grains. Here’s a list of the reasons why Gerber Cereals are top of mind for most parents:
– They have iron to help support learning abilities;
– Two servings of Gerber Cereal a day has 90% of a baby’s daily value of iron;
– They are made with calcium to help build healthy bones and teeth;
– It delivers a nutritional blend of Zinc, Calcium, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and six B Vitamins thanks to Gerber’s VitaBlocks for healthy growth;
– It’s not made with genetically engineered ingredients; and
– There are no artificial colors or flavors.
If you’re planning a trip to Target, there’s a 10% Gerber Cereal promotion available through the Target Cartwheel. Click here to learn more.