I saw this idea on One Ruud Mom and I could not help but tag along. Such a wonderful list about her, and if you are interested in reading it, click here.
I chose to share 25 things about myself because, as you may or may not know, I am 25 years old. A thing for each year of my life. Are you ready?
1. I have kept a journal since I was about 10.
2. I have been writing letters to my husband since I was 14. This sounds confusing, so I will explain. I went to Catholic school for 12 years and during a seminar we heard the story of a single woman who had bad experiences with the dating scene. She vowed to devote herself to her future husband and wrote him letters for several years.
On her wedding night, she surprised her spouse with the box of letters and he loved it. I was hooked on that story and felt a connection with the woman. I was 14 when I heard the story and on that same night I began to write to my future husband.
3. Certain songs always put me in a good mood. Colbie Caillat has been writing songs about my life since she went mainstream.
4. The scariest day of my life was when I went into labor.You can read all about this crazy day here.
5. I smile a lot when I look at Jeff. Is that weird? Does anyone else do that when they look at their significant other?
6. Sometimes I think of the past and I sigh. It has been a crazy journey.
7. The first and last time I got so drunk I did not remember anything was on my 21st birthday. Never again.
8. I have not had an Amaretto sour since the day I found out I was pregnant.That means almost three years ago, and I do not miss it.
9. I love whole-heartedly. When I love someone or something it really shows.
10. I often wish people the best in life, regardless of the pain they put me through. I think people deserve second chances to be in your life. Whether they were family or a significant other, treat them as a friend; be there if they need you, but keep your distance if they do not. If the person cannot handle this type of friendship, you keep it moving.
11. I do judge people by their actions.And I keep my distance if I do not agree with their actions.
12. The people in my life mean much more than the things I have.Take it, it is yours. 🙂
13. Seeing someone else happy makes me happy. I love to hear family and friend’s success stories.
14. I believe life has a funny way of working itself out for the best.
15. Funerals are tough, but I think getting close to people knowing they will eventually pass away is tougher. How do we do it?
16. I do not like surprises, but it is nice to feel special from time to time.
17. If you never met me, but knew my family and friends, they would all tell you different things about me.It would be confusing, so you are better off getting to know me personally.
18. I am a sucker for a really good love story.No, not the Notebook or A Walk to Remember. Sorry, I am more of a Say Anything, Pretty in Pink or even Somekind of Wonderful type of gal.
19. I started watching TV after moving in with Jeff. Okay, so I watched certain shows back in high school, but I gave up TV in my college years. Something about being a PR student makes you realize everything on TV is staged. And to me, that is just boring. Jeff and I watch his favorite shows. It is how we bond when he gets home from work.
20. Being a mom has made me appreciate my family and friends a lot more. No seriously, it has. I thank them for dealing with me through the years.
21. I know most of the episodes for almost all of the shows on BabyFirst TV.And I find myself singing most of the intro songs while shopping for groceries.
22. I do not miss NJ, at all.However, I do miss my family and friends. Can you all move down, like tomorrow?
23. No matter how close I am to someone, I like to give them their space. Everyone could use a breather.
24. I get tired of people very easily. Before meeting Jeff, I was always told I should never get married or have children because of this. My father would say I was “jodona,” in the sense that I could not dedicate my entire life to one person, or even a group of people. So imagine, I have three boys I see every single day, and I have yet to get tired of them. 😉
25.I do not have a hard time making friends.Not a lot of people like this about me but it is true, I can be very friendly. And there are moments I can be very anti-social. Oh, the beauty of being a Gemini.
Can you think of a few things to share about yourself? I would love to read them. Comment below!
Former B2B editor and marketer turned Family & Lifestyle blogger. Fatima is passionate about life and being social.
When she isn't running around with her husband, three kids, and two pups, Fatima helps other bloggers and local businesses with their online marketing strategy.
If you have any questions or would like to connect, feel free to reach out via email: firstname.lastname@example.org