Sugar is in almost everything you eat, but it is the bad sugar you want to keep away from, like the one you find in candy and fast food.
When I first heard of people cutting sugar from their daily lives I automatically wished them the best of luck because I thought it was something I could never do. Imagine giving up candy?
The more I thought about it, the more I told myself it could be helpful not only to my health, but also for my children. Sebastian loves to try anything I am eating, so I try to be careful with what I eat around him. There was a time I had to sneak in junk food during his nap time. With time, I began to slowly convince myself that if my child should not be eating something, then neither should I.
I would be lying if I said I have completely done away with sugar. In fact, I have just cut down on my intake. I now eat candy less than once a week, which is an improvement from my first pregnancy when I had it almost every day to keep me awake at work.
There are 5 other things I currently do to help tame my sweet-tooth cravings:
1. Drink more water. Lately, I have been drinking a lot more water, not just when I need to take my vitamins. I always bring two bottles of water with me to the store. It even works as a way to keep my little guy calm. He loves feeling like a grown up and drinking out of a water bottle.
2. Carry lemon water. Although some people use it as a coffee substitute in the morning, there are so many reasons to drink lemon water throughout the day. You can read my recent post on other coffee alternatives here. Drinking lemon water also helps with my nausea during this pregnancy.
3. Drink less chocolate milk. There was a time I drank at least three cups of chocolate milk a day. Now, I have one cup almost every other day.
4. Water down my juices. I have cut down on my juice intake, but whenever I do crave some cranberry or mango juice, I always water it down or add several ice cubes.
5. No longer use sugar in my sauce. To help add a little sweetness to my homemade tomato sauce, I would add sugar. Now, I just add red onions to the mix.
Have you ever tried cutting down on your sugar intake? Tell me about it in a comment below!
What's life like with three kids and two pups? It's entertaining, that's for sure!
MTME breaks down family fun ideas and shares personal insights from a former B2B editor and digital marketer turned mom running a business and a household -- all under one roof.
With her husband as her #1 fan, there isn't anything she can't accomplish.
Read on to learn how she breathes in fire and exhales success.