With more than 100 self-care ideas to choose from, you can learn ways to unwind during a stressful week. Make use of the time you have to yourself by implementing one of these free self-care ideas any day this month.
Whether you’re planning to work on yourself or looking to find yourself again, there’s something about making time for the essentials — you!
How To Make Time For Self-Care
How you decide to use the time you have is up to you. These simple self-care ideas will come in handy throughout the next couple of weeks.
With time, you’ll find yourself doing most of what’s on this list automatically, creating a self-care habit that works for you.
Waking up earlier might not be an option for you, but maybe breaking up your time can help.
When you break down your day, you’ll notice there are times that can be used more productively. If you often hop on social media to check in on family and friends, then you can learn to limit the time you spend on given online networks.
For starters, half an hour to an hour is enough to connect online with those you love. You can always opt for in-person or phone conversations during the week.
This is a great way to improve your connection with the people in your life.
Just as you can easily connect with others on numerous channels, you can do the same with yourself.
In this post, you’ll learn how to make time for the things you love that can help improve the way you look and feel about yourself. Most of the self-care options listed are free. However, there are a select few that would require purchasing items.
Keep reading to learn how you can start penciling in self-care appointments during the month that will help minimize stress and provide you with the necessary downtime your heart desires.
25 Morning Self-Care Ideas
There are various ways you can invest time in yourself daily. One of the ways to start your morning is by implementing positive affirmations.
Positive affirmations are statements that help you overcome negative thoughts. These are great for combating stress and coping with everyday life challenges.
Another way to add self-care into your morning is by writing down a list of things you’re grateful to have in your life. These can include simple everyday things such as running water and food in your fridge.
Additional free self-care ideas you can enjoy in the early hours that are good morning routine options are:
- Eat something nutritious
- Walk with nature
- Take deep breaths
- Highlight what you love about yourself
- Organize your sleeping area
- Enjoy something you love
- Read a couple of pages
- Create a bucket list
- Stretch your body
- Reach out to someone you love
- Search for motivational quotes
- Grab your favorite warm beverage
- Play uplifting music
- Watch the sunrise
- Donate to a cause
- Say something kind about yourself
- Listen to an audiobook
- Plan a self-care day this week
- Make a self-care basket for later
- Tune in to a podcast
- Cancel a subscription to something you don’t use or read
- Pack a healthy meal
- Sign up to volunteer at a local charity
- Meditate for 5 minutes
These simple ideas are a great way to start including self-care ideas in your morning.
There are various self-care ideas for moms to enjoy throughout the week. This simple morning routine for moms can help.
25 Afternoon Self-Care Ideas
Making time for yourself can be rewarding. Whether you’ve had a long morning or looking to improve your day, you can make use of the time you have to yourself by including activities that make you smile.
Whether you’re creating an at-home self-care retreat or simply looking to create your own self-care kit, there’s a variety of options you can do in the afternoon to unwind.
You can do a handful of self-care activities in the afternoon to help calm yourself after a tough morning. Below are 25 options you can choose from when you’re looking for quick ideas to try during the day.
- Buy yourself flowers
- Try a new restaurant for lunch
- Have a delicious smoothie
- Check in on someone you love
- Drink a bottle of water
- Do something nice for a friend
- Offer a stranger a compliment
- Go on a bike ride
- Give yourself a manicure and/or pedicure
- Get a massage
- Walk the aisles of your favorite store
- Head to the beach
- Dance your heart out to your favorite music
- Pay someone’s lunch for the day
- Take a nap
- Call someone you’ve been thinking about
- Sit on the park bench and watch people
- Work on a fun puzzle
- Write down your ideas
- Draw or color something using bright colors
- Visit your favorite place
- Cook your favorite dish
- Bake something sweet
- Welcome an opportunity for growth
- Write a note to a loved one
Self-Care: Evening Options
Finding time in your day for yourself might cause friction with other obligations you may have on your plate. This is why the evening was made!
Aside from any last-minute things you might’ve missed throughout the day, there’s always the option to create a self-care evening routine that works for your schedule.
These ideas are perfect for when you’re feeling exhausted and need something to end the day on the right note. Here are 25 ways you can spoil yourself with a great night.
- Put on a face mask
- Watch your favorite show
- Light your favorite scented candle
- Make yourself a quick cocktail
- Look up at the stars
- Tidy up your home
- Chat with a friend about your day
- Go out on a date
- Host a family night
- Order take-out for dinner
- Cuddle up with a pet
- Tune in to a funny movie
- Do a crossword puzzle or word search
- Read an article or research something interesting
- Plan a last-minute outing with a friend
- Spend time with someone who motivates you
- Watch a comedy show
- Get together with a group of friends
- Eat a healthy dinner
- Schedule a game night with loved ones
- Create a fun game for the kids to try
- Take a warm bath
- Celebrate an accomplishment from the day
- Respond to texts, emails, or other messages you’ve been avoiding
- Use YouTube for a quick workout session
25 Weekend Self-Care Ideas
Planning for a weekend of relaxation is one thing. Actually going through with it is another. Get yourself excited about simple activities you can do over the weekend.
Use this weekend self-care list to help you plan time for yourself. Here’s how you can get the most out of your two days.
- Spend a day without checking notifications on your phone
- Send a care package or a note to a loved one
- Put on a great outfit and do your makeup
- Take random photos of yourself out
- Change your bedsheets
- Work on a garden
- Go on a picnic
- Hang photos of great memories
- Plan a night of dancing
- Visit a family member
- Clean up a room in your home
- Re-arrange furniture in a different way
- Donate unused items to a local charity
- Start a savings jar
- Offer to help someone with a difficult task
- Stop doing something you genuinely don’t like
- Do nothing for an hour
- Recreate your happiest moment
- Try a new recipe
- Book a girls self-care weekend
- Meal prep for the upcoming week
- Video call someone who makes you smile
- Print inspirational quotes to keep you motivated
- Rework your daily routine to meet your needs
- Create a budget for the following month
Other unusual self-care ideas you can try to help alleviate the stress from your life can be as simple as the following:
- Plan a day getaway
- Sign up for an interesting class
- Turn up the music in the car
- Set alarms for important tasks
- Change how you feel about yourself
Self-Care Quotes That Inspire
How you choose to spend your time says a lot about you. Making time for yourself daily can decrease your stress levels and help you improve your time management.
These self-care quotes will inspire you to focus on adding moments to yourself. Be sure to visit other links highlighted in this post. Each one can be found on the MTME blog and can help you get more ideas for self-care that you’ll enjoy.