We’re waiting for the arrival of our third child and it’s brought up an interesting discussion between my husband and me. We’ve been having dinner dates once a month since December. Although I enjoy his company, I’ve been thinking about how much I really need some alone time.
As we prepare to juggle the lives of three children and two pups, I’ve been contemplating a once-a-month trip to the salon (nail or hair). What I’ve been doing instead is taking time during the weekends to add a self-care routine that works for us.
The truth is, I wouldn’t feel comfortable taking an hour or two at a salon. Call it mom guilt, but I’ve never felt “right” going anywhere without the kids or being away from them to do something for me. It might sound silly, but I’d rather enjoy the time with them.
Guilty Or Not, You Always Need Alone Time
Lately, I’ve been feeling overwhelmed. It might have to do with the final weeks leading up to the Big Day or my lack of care of myself, but I’ve been craving some time for myself.
The signs are there, I need to take some time for myself. If you or someone you know have been showing the following signs, then I suggest blocking out some alone time for them:
1) You look like the life has been drained from your face and not even makeup can hide how mentally exhausted you are.
2) Your words are slurred, and it’s not because you’ve been drinking, and nothing you do makes sense anymore.
3) You don’t want to get out of bed because you don’t want to tackle any of the tasks on your To-Do list.
4) Your To-Do list feels never-ending and you can’t even fake a smile.
5) You find yourself with the urge to cry or crying about the thought all the things you need to do.
Have you ever felt overwhelmed by life? How did you handle it?