That’s What (True) Friends Are For!
When I met the godmother of our two boys, I never imagined she’d be in our lives this long.
It was the summer before high school and we were both assigned to a pre-algebra course. We worked hard that summer, and really got to know each other.
And after years of friendship, I never once questioned whether or not I made the right choice in making her the godmother of our boys.
If you ever find someone who can really understand you at your worst, and cheer you on at your best, then you have a true friend.
Find Yourself A Meli
No one likes to be compared to others, but honestly, I hope you find yourself a Meli.
The thing about the godmother of my boys is that she’s always been a true friend.
For me, a true friend is someone who:
– doesn’t judge you because you’ve “messed up”.
– accepts you for who you are and the things you love.
– knows there’s more to the story when you’re being brief, yet doesn’t beat it out of you.
– tells you the truth even when you don’t want to hear it.
– makes you see all sides to every story.
– doesn’t care if you haven’t called in a while.
– will put someone in their place for you if they talk bad about you.
– won’t entertain drama if it’s unnecessary.
– will tell you to decide what’s right for you instead of everyone else.
And most importantly, they’re the same wonderful person with everyone else.
That’s what friends are for — at least in my eyes.
How do you define true friendship?